Monday, July 23, 2007

My Interspecies family ... THE CAT


THE CAT ... actually, he is my cool brother. He hasn't been with us long, but he has made a lasting impression. Mommy brought him home from work one day. She deals with palliative care, whatever that is, and one of the patients asked her to take care of her cat as she made her final journey. So, being the soft hearted mush that she is ... Snickers (Mommy's name for him) joined our family. Snicks and I get along GREAT, but Raggamuffin still hasn't accepted the InterSpecies family concept. Too bad for him as he is missing out on a lot. Snickers is a Maine Coon mix and about 5 years old. We play chase, but he CHEATS. He jumps on the chairs that I can't get to and he "bats" at me. Mommy says it is because he is a cat and they do things different from dogs. Whatever. Snickers and I love to sprawl out with Mommy when she has the time for one of her afternoon special naps.
I have noticed that Snickers, maybe ALL cats, likes to sleep a whole lot and he seems to like window spaces the best. We share nap times and food and we discuss current events, but he has a weird accent. That is okay ... we get along just fine. I will keep him

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.