Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My Grandpa




This is my Grandpa ... Paul. He is Mommy's Dad. Grandpa is almost 85 years old and suffers from Dementia/Alhzeimers. It really is very sad that so many people, especially older ones, suffer from this problem. He is pretty good, he just forgets a whole lot and Mommy has to remind him. Mommy decided that Grandpa was better off here than in a nursing facility. She stays home a lot and works, mostly, from the house so it makes it good for Grandpa.



Now, Grandpa says that he HATES dogs and doesn't want them around him. Well, here is photographic proof that I have the ability to win even the "Scroogemeister's" heart. He lets me sit on the arm of his recliner or behind his head on the chesterfield. He doesn't pet me, really, but he looks at me and I can tell that he thinks that I am more than cute.

My job is to be there for him and stay next to him so that he doesn't feel alone. It is no good to be alone ... ever ... that is why we are a family.

Flowers & Vase Grandpa is on a very difficult journey, but I will do all that I can to make him smile.

love ... Minnie Mouse





No comments: